- Everything I’ve heard about Jason Kreis says that he is an intelligent and decent guy, but don’t do postgame interviews with him. Especially after a loss.
- No matter how much progress MLS has made in this country, reporters for foreign publications seem to only want to know when European players will start playing in Europe again.
- Marcelo Sarvas’s season with the Czarne Koszule seemed to make an impact. The last night of the tournament, I wore my Jaga shirt. That led to this exchange:
“Hey, where did you get that shirt?”
“This? On the internet.”
“You know what team that is?”
“Yes, I play against them!”
“Really, who did you play for?”
“Oh, at least it wasn’t Legia.”
“No, I play against them.”
- I still don’t get why people would come to a game and get mad about people being boisterous. I realize the Cactus Pricks can be obnoxious, it is their raison d’être. Check the moniker folks. People were warned about sitting in their section when they bought tickets, but still people complained about their singing and chanting.
By the way, this is not a problem unique to soccer. I attended a Copper Bowl game (yes, it was a while ago) and two older ladies next to me got angry that we were cheering. Yep.
- Mr. An, yes, that Mr. An, had an all access pass for some reason. He took full advantage. I don’t think there was a room I could step into without seeing him. Was he looking for a replacement son for Gonzo?
- FC Tucson GM Jonathan Pearlman looked downright giddy throughout the tourney.