- Old CW: Charlie Davies is a hero that makes us Yanks proud. New CW: Davies is a diving hack and a disgrace to the game.
- I’ve heard the nil-nil draw between Columbus and Chivas USA referred to as “chippy.” I prefer to say, “lacking in offense.” Each team had two shots on goal. But, they did excel in some stats:
CHV — Marcos Mondaini (caution; Reckless Foul) 35
CLB — Julius James (caution; Reckless Foul) 55
CHV — Zarek Valentin (caution; Reckless Foul) 59
CLB — Kevin Burns (caution; Reckless Tackle) 64
CHV — Jorge Flores (caution; Reckless Foul) 65
CLB — Sebastian Miranda (caution; Unsporting Behavior) 81
CHV — Nick LaBrocca (caution; Reckless Foul) 86
CHV — Michael Lahoud (caution; Tactical Foul) 87
- I keep wondering about how well the Revs would have done against Vancouver on Wednesday if their defense was as bad as it was against Houston. Then I realize I probably don’t want the answer.
- You remember those issues of the Defenders in the late seventies where they travelled to that alternate universe where Nelson Rockefeller was president? Philadelphia is on top of the league.
- Sarah “Hullbird” Wilson is hosting an internet soccer tv show with Friday Night Lights star Brian Bentley. It’s called Top of the Table and, like anything involving Hullbird, worth checking out. We’ll talk about Bentley’s t-shirt selection for the latest program some other time.